THE DOWNS AT ALBUQUERQUE HAS BEEN NOTIFIED OF THE PRESENCE OF VESICULAR STOMATITIS IN THE SURROUNDING AREAS.
EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY THE FOLLOWING PROTOCOLS WILL BE ENFORCED:
1. Every horse entering the stable gate will be orally examined for symptoms of VS.
2. Owners and/or trainers have the option to have their own veterinarian examine the horses prior to unloading(if the vet is on the grounds at time of arrival).
3. If the owner or trainer's veterinarian is not present at the stable gate, Downs personnel will perform the examination before allowing the horses to enter the grounds.
4. Downs personnel authorized to conduct examinations are:
Shawn Francis, Alex Anderson, Louis Toquinto, Santos Toquinto and Elizabeth Garcia
5. We will make every effort to insure that contaminated horses are kept out of the equine population in the barn area and we ask your assistance in keeping our horses safe and healthy. These protocols will be enforced until further notice. There is a strong possibility that these protocols will be in place for the entire meet. Should the situation change, you will be advised.
If you have any questions, concerns, or input please call Don E. Cook at 505-400-5699